Requests for Emergency Funds

If a veteran has a request for emergency funds they must come to the VWHRC themselves with the required paperwork on Fridays at their appointed time.

The veteran must bring:

  • A copy of their DD214 showing Honorable discharge  and at least 180 days of Active Duty.
  • Minimum of two months recent bank statements or pay stubs. If this is direct deposited onto a debit card bring the debit card statements, we can help get these statements at the center if the veteran does not have a computer available.
  • Copy of the bill or lease (along with contact numbers for the company) the veteran needs help with

We cannot guarantee funds will be available.  We can guarantee we will do our best to get the veteran the help he or she needs. If the funds are available and approved, the VWHRC will pay the debtor directly.